- By converting the conventional construction exercise into rapid deployment, and shifting the majority of labour and logistics from the field to our factory, 5B’s MAVERICK solution cuts time on-site by 50 to 90% compared to traditional solar farms.
- 5B MAVERICK solution has almost no ground penetrations and simply sits on top of the ground, so there is no need for any significant ground preparation
- The result of this is lightning fast solar PV project delivery. A team of just two accredited deployment partner personnel can install a 12 kW MAV on a greenfield site in around half an hour. This equates to 200 kW in a day and one MW in a week with a team of only 3 people.
- The MAVERICK solution is highly flexible and compatible with a wider range of terrain types than most conventional solar farm solutions. The concrete beams in the MAVERICK solution act as ballast so our array doesn’t require ground piles or major geotechnical work. Our only ground penetrations are two earth anchors installed at the beginning and end of each row of MAVs. This design completely avoids early stage geotechnical cost and geotechnical risk during construction and also opens up a new range of sites to solar: landfill caps, mining tailings dams and sites with complex geotechnical aspects that inhibit pile-driving.
- MAV is easiest to install on flat terrain, but we can also handle sloping sites and some undulating ground. If an off-road telehandler can drive over the site, undulations are not likely to be an issue.
- To a large extent the MAVs follow the site terrain – each beam can be up to 500mm higher or lower than the last beam in the MAV. We just need to keep the beams level relative to each other to avoid torsion in the modules. Each concrete beam requires three points of contact with the ground and along the beam we use recycled rubber pads to level out height differences of up to approximately 500mm
- We are yet to find a site we have not able to deploy on so if you have a challenging site – we’re ready for the challenge!
- Although typically thought of as an east-west system, the MAVERICK solution has a low tilt angle, so we can orient it in any orientation with no more than a percent reduction in energy yield.
- Due to this flexibility, if needed we can optimise the orientation of the MAVERICK solution for site constraints, boundaries or terrain.
- Because of its modular design and non-penetrating foundations, MAV can be re-mobilised, moved and redeployed multiple times.
- This portability will ensure customers capture the full lifetime value of a MAV system regardless of how long it stays in its first location.
- MAV will reduce stranded asset risk and improve access to finance for customers whose facilities have limited life spans.
- The MAVERICK solution’s redeployability is based on in-field accelerated lifecycle testing: our robust design means redeployment causes zero impact on performance.
- Accelerated lifecycle testing at our in-house R&D centre shows no measurable drop in electrical performance following 100 redeployments.
For any other questions or enquiries you have about the MAVERICK system or 5B please contact us