We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or we collect is considered sensitive information under the Act. The Act defines “sensitive information” to mean personal information that includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or associations, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health or genetic information, or some aspects of biometric information. We only process, collect and manage sensitive information if and to the extent permitted by the Act.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- name, gender, age or birth date;
- personal contact details, including street address, email address or telephone number;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- information captured on security systems, including Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and key card entry systems and other security and technology systems, to the extent permitted by applicable law including, in certain jurisdictions, biometric information and facial recognition;
- vaccination status or records when required and authorised by law;
- your employment-related information if you apply for a position with us;
- details of training programs you have participated in;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through use of our websites, marketing automation tools, social media platforms and your engagement activities with us; and
- information required to comply with laws, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website and marketing tools;
- through engagement with us (virtually or face to face) at events, marketing activities or training;
- when you apply for a position with us;
- during the course of your employment with us;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you visit or attend our offices and premises; or
- when you complete an application or purchase order.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including recruitment agents, credit reporting agencies, marketing agencies, other service providers and business partners.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, then:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful;
- we may be unable to comply with laws, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders, especially if you are an employee of ours; or
- if you are applying for a position with us, we may be unable to consider your application for a position.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of 5B Australia Pty Limited, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- if you are visiting or attending our premises, to protect the safety and security of our customers, staff, visitors and property (including controlling and facilitating access to and monitoring activities in secured premises and using our resources);
- if you have applied for a position with us, to evaluate your application;
We may retain certain personal information of employees after their employment ends. We will only retain such personal information for as long as it is necessary and no longer than permitted by applicable law.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our business or our website, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
- suppliers, business partners and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, email and social media, in accordance with applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us at email@example.com and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Any complaints should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, third party suppliers, deployment or assembly partners and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. This includes:
- related bodies corporate located in Chile, USA, the European Union (including Germany) and India; and
- data hosting and other IT service providers.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
However, security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the extent permitted by law. Where required by law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we provide no assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Any personal information which you transmit to us online is at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options for resolution. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely manner.